Saturday, December 31, 2016

Love Letter To My Fellas


This one goes out to the special men in my life.

This year has not been an easy one for me. As you know, my father passed away 9/19/15. I have prided myself on being a "daddy's girl" and I guess I will always be that but not in the way that I'm used to. He was so much more to me than just my father and losing such a huge male presence was going to be one of the hardest adjustments that I needed to deal with. I had no idea what to expect and/or who to expect it from. Thank God for the men who are in my life. For whatever reason (and I'm not questioning anything) you all made it a point to show me that I have no reason to feel lonely. I'm talking about my uncles, my cousins, my lifetime friends, friends of family, friends of friends, friends I haven't met (internet friends), acquaintances that are becoming friends, and whomever else I may be forgetting. Each of you in your own way have made a HUGE impact on my life. The visits, the hangouts, the phone calls (I'm still working on the whole calling more thing), the private messages, the texting, allowing me to text all times of day and night without complaining although sometimes it can be annoying, the invites, the game playing (although many of you gave up on playing "Words with Friends" with me... hehe), the silly jokes, the heartfelt conversations, the trash talking, the ice cream... okay that's for one special friend but that ice cream is just too good not to give it it's own shout out, something I truly enjoy: the compliments, the innocent (and sometimes the not so innocent with some of you *wink*.. lol) flirting, making me feel beautiful, never allowing me to put myself down even when I'm kidding, praying for and with me, noticing when I retreat and instead of abandoning me, you willingly join me in my own little world without fear (no matter how hard I try to scare you away), and oh so much more. There are many of you who have helped me to cope and deal without saying anything to me directly. I take my blessings no matter how large or small and appreciate it all.

I have been forced to be much more in touch with my emotions than I would like. I am talking about the sweet taste of pure clean love. I have so much love for you guys and I am receiving your love in return. My soul and spirit have been touched in a way I wish I could describe. It's powerful and overwhelming and I love every bit of it. I'm not looking for a replacement for my father or for someone to try to fill that void because it will never happen. That part was his and his alone. I guess what it all comes down to is this. There is much more room in my life and in my heart than even I knew. Some of you have occupied sections of me that I was aware of, some have occupied sections I tried to keep you out of but somehow you got in anyway and have no intentions of leaving, and many of you are still making your way in. As the new year arrive, I look forward to many more ventures and blissful moments with you. I hope that each of you are receiving my love for you in return. I am very proud to be your "Andrea", "Drea", "Dre", "Dre-Day", "Dre-Dre", "Angie", "Lovely Drea", "Lady", "Chef", "Sister", "Punk (and only one of you specifically can get away with that one)", "Moosie", Moo",  niece, cousin, bestie, crush (didn't think I knew that one, did ya... lol), personal chef, and to sum it all up, FRIEND!

I am able to smile because of each and every last one of you!


 
Thank you and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment